Are the exit signs/emergency lighting undamaged?
- The owner/occupier must ensure that exit sign covers are in place and unbroken.
- Globes for exit signs and emergency lighting must also be in place and undamaged.
Can current maintenance records for exit signs and emergency lighting be produced upon request?
- A log book is required to record six monthly inspections
- A licensed electrician or appropriately qualified person is required to conduct the maintenance inspections
- See the Queensland Development Code MP 6.1 for further details regarding maintenance requirements.